Monday 15 February 2010

Impulse buy


This little orchid is a new addition to the household.  I picked it up yesterday at Ikea........how I love that shop.

We stopped en route to a family lunch and picked up the usual suspects; wine glasses, light bulbs, freezer bags (not sure why, but there is always something you didn't mean to get in Ikea isn't there?).  We also got a cute little light for Yoyo's room like this one.

And I couldn't resist this orchid.  So sweet and perfect, and I knew it would fit just so in this white square pot I have.  I had to process all of these thoughts in about 10 seconds as we were running late and causing a wave of chaos through Ikea's marketplace. 

But I made the right decision, this impulse buy was worth it.  Just have to keep it alive now.....

3 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about getting that little lamp for my kitchen. What color did you get? Do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi :) - I got the green as shown in the link. I do like it, but wish the glass was a bit more opaque so you didn't see the bulb. It does throw some great shadows the way it is though.

    Good price too so worth the risk I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol oh oh oh how I can relate to the "just need to keep it alive"...so far though I'm doing well, hope you are too! :) And yes, there is something about orchids!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails