Thursday 10 September 2009

More cheap art



I am not gifted in the art department - I am sure its genetic, and any artistic flair has escaped me (Mum - how did that happen with your talent?). But I do love individual and unique things in my home which have some meaning to me - and I can't find those things across the pages of the Next Directory.

The picture below I made from my daughter's dress that I was too sentimental to get rid of. It was a really lovely A-Line dress in pale green linen with this applique house scene on it. It was age 12-18 months (she is 6 now!) and it was from.....Next. So I guess in this instance I did find inspiration from the Next Directory after all. She had it in her room at first but since moving here last year and needing to fill some wall space I have pinched it for downstairs.

No complaints so far.




I've also had a go making the picture below, inspired by Ali Edwards. The cut out butterflys I got from here - still lots left as they come in packs of 50 so need to think what I can do with them. The 3D frame was 99p from Ebay.


1 comment:

  1. wow, never thought of looking at dresses/clothing for art for the walls!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails