Monday 2 November 2009

This is more than a salad


This is my Mum looking after me.

Whenever things get a bit much for me, my Mum will step in with a salad.  She made me one just like this the night I came home from hospital with my firstborn.  Complete with her Delia Smith dressing in a jam jar.

And she made one again for me today and dropped it round whilst I was at work. She knows a salad is required often even before I do by the tone in my voice on the phone, or just plain instinct that I've got a lot on my plate.  And this little gesture of someone caring enough to buy and chop all these ingredients and make the dressing for me always has the desired effect.  I feel loved.

So thank you Mum for this salad and for all the salads you have made me.  They mean a lot to me.

And thank you Dad for driving it over (and everything else you do for me).

1 comment:

  1. my mom just left my house. she came down to spend a few days because things were getting just a little too much for me, too. and yes, coincidentally, she made me a salad as well. and soup. always soup. aren't mom the greatest?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails