I cannot wait to show you what we've done with this room on a tiny budget. Honestly, this little room was so horrific I had kind of blanked it out. If I had to use one word to describe it's previous state it would have been 'unloved'. We lived with it like this for about 3 years.
Noteworthy (in my opinion) are:
- the tiles that we started chipping off the wall when we first moved in and then abandoned due to lack of funds to replace
- the gap showing the delightful chipboard floor between the wall and where the lino stopped - used to be some rotten boxing there covering the pipes
- the mahogany loo seat....very 1980's
- the lack of bath panel - no idea why we thought we were better off without it.
- the placement of loo roll - how delightful. No holder. Am sure that floor was a pretty regular holding spot.
But wait. It gets better! View from the other side........
No shower attachment meant that we got to use a red food jug (on the cabinet) to rinse our hair when washing. And we almost have a 'feature wall' of chipped tile. Such a lovely view to ponder whilst having a soak.
So this weekend I promise I will update with progress. What we have achieved on a budget of £500 and many weekends of hard work. The Queen of Clean has excelled himself this time.